eng ისტორია 109 2018-05-01T02:43:00+00:00

Construction and Transportation and Mechanical Engineering Faculty Road Department

Brief History of the Department of Roads and Transport, Faculty of Transportation and Mechanical Engineering of Georgian Technical University

 

The construction of railways and the construction of railways, bridges, highways and aerodromes were started in 1917 in Tbilisi Polytechnic Institute. In 1924 the institute joined the Tbilisi State University. Where we able to prepare engineering  staff with the above specialties on the basis of the Polytechnic Faculty.

The Tbilisi State University was separated in 1930 and was established as the Institute of Transcaucasia Institute of Transcaucasia and the Transcaucasian Industrial Institute. In 1934, the Transcaucasian Engineers Institute was renamed and renamed the Tbilisi Railway Transport Engineers Institute, where engineering staff were preparing all the above specialties except for the construction of automobile roads and aerodromes which were prepared in the Transcaucasian industrial institute. This institute was named Polytechnic Institute of Georgia in 1947. In 1948 the Polytechnic Institute of Georgia was created the Chair of Transport Tunnels.

In 1959 the Polytechnic Institute of Georgia joined Tbilisi Railway Transport Engineers Inspectat and all of the above mentioned specializations were merged into the Faculty of Transportation.

Over the years the chairs of the above specialties were led by academician K. Zavrrev, General G. Kobakhidze, Prof. Sekhniashvili, M. Jakubovich, M. Dandurov, V. Salovinsk, G.Kartsivadze, A.Dasushvili, G. Kiziria, T.churadze, I.Tronikashvili, Z. Bitskinashvili, V. Goglidze, A. Burduladze, N. Gvaramadze, P. Solovyov, M. Eziashvili, N.Ronishvili, V. Gurgenidze, Soomamberidze, A. Koniashvili, E. Moistsrapishvili.

Construction, Transportation and Mechanical Faculty Road Department was established in 2011 on the basis of construction of railways, bridges, transport tunnels, highways and aerodromes. The department is currently headed by Prof. N. Rurua. The Department is comprised of highly qualified pedagogical and scientific personnel. At present there are eight professors, 8 letter-professors, 5 assistant professors, 1 assistant and two professors-Emeritus. All of them are brought up in the department.

The Road Department prepares more specialized specialists for the country: construction and operation of railway, highways, aerodromes, axles and trolleys. Successful graduates are employed in the specialty of MICHAEL. More than six thousand young specialists of these specialties have been released over the years. There are several dozens of doctors and master students.

The main directions of the research are the design of railway, including narrow-range railways, roadways, aerodromes and artificial structures and creation of its normative-technical base for Georgia’s conditions in difficult natural conditions; Elaborate a standard-technical base for design, construction, arrangement and exploitation of buildings.

Professors of the Road Department are successfully participating in the implementation of international and state projects and expertise such as motorways, domestic and local roads projects outside Georgia and its areas; Design, examination and examination of bridges, tunnels and other artificial structures on railway and highway roads; Designing of Natakhtari-Khashuri, Zestafoni-Kutaisi-Samtredia sections of the International Highway E-60, Tbilisi-Batumi Railway Rehabilitation Project, Designing, Expertise and Construction of Kars-Akhalkalaki International Railway etc.

Professors who work in English, French and Russian languages ​​have experience in pedagogical and scientific work in different universities and universities in foreign countries.

Professors of the Road Department are systematically distributed in various international scientific conferences and symposiums, publishing scientific articles in international and Georgian magazines; Continuously updating textbooks in Georgian and drawing up new textbooks. Monograms have been issued; Scientific journal “Transport” is published. The Department of Railways is based on the self-financing of the “Railway Infrastructure Research Center”, which mainly deals with the expert activities.