Mission Department, Objectives, Objectives and Main Directions of the Road Department
Construction and Transportation and Mechanical Engineering Faculty Road Department is a faculty academic entity that provides educational and scientific research activities within the framework of educational program / programs.
The main goal of the Road Department is preparation of competent transport construction (engineers) specialists in the international labor market with competence compatible with modern requirements.
The main objectives of the Road Department are: Training of persons with academic higher education – Bachelor’s and Professional Education Specialists oriented on practical activities; Preparing of MSM and Masters – Doctors with academic higher education oriented on scientific research activities.
The Road Department shall provide educational programs in the disciplines defined for the Department in accordance with the Syllabus and Schedule; Creates and / or participates in the creation of new educational programs and modifying existing programs; Implementing the methodological provision of the teaching process (preparation of textbooks and other training-methodical materials), introduction of new educational programs; Enhances learning quality through the effective use of existing methods of teaching, introduction of new methods of teaching and technologies, improvement of learning process; Provides the organization with scientific researches for students; Carries out majors and PhD students and supervisors; Facilitates the preparation of training-pedagogic staff and raising their qualifications.
The profile of the Road Department (railway, motorway and airfields, bridges and tunnels, road infrastructure) creates creative connections and cooperates with other academic and scientific structural units and scientific-research organizations.
Conducts and conducts scientific research, conducts scientific-methodological seminars, conducts expert conclusions on scientific research projects and projects on the basis of the relevant scientific-scientific unit of the Faculty of Construction and Transport and Mechanical Engineering – laboratory; Carries out professional training and professional training of specialists in transport construction, involving staff and students of the department in research and research activities to ensure close communication of scientific activities. Conducts review of master’s qualification and doctoral dissertation papers; In accordance with the profile (railway, motorway and airfields, bridges and tunnels, road infrastructure) cooperates with enterprises and organizations and facilitates the employment of graduates; Coordinates activities of the scientific center of the relevant profile (“Rail Infrastructure Research Center”) on self-financing existing faculties. Actively participate in the design, construction and operation of difficult infrastructure of transport infrastructure, to develop practical skills for students and to ensure continuous connectivity with engineering practice of professors.
The main directions of the road department are: implementation of bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral academic and vocational programs in transport construction; Conducting scientific-research activities; Expert and consulting activities.
Georgian Technical University
Regulation of the Road Academic Department
Article 1. Status of the Road Department
1.1. The Road Academic Department (hereinafter referred to as the Department of Roads) is a major educational-scientific structural unit of construction, transport and mechanical engineering faculties, which provides training, methodical and scientific-research activities within the framework of modules and undergraduate programs.
1.2. The Road Department is guided by GT charter and relevant normative acts.
Article 2. Scope of activities of the Department of Roads, Main Objectives and Functions
2.1. Field Department’s activities, main tasks and functions are:
- A) Provides educational programs to conduct disciplines in accordance with the syllabus and schedule in the subjects defined by the Department.
- B) Creates and / or participates in the development of new educational programs and modifying existing programs;
- C) Methodological provision of the teaching process (preparation of manuals and other training-methodical materials), introduction of new educational programs;
- D) Formulate and administer academic loading of the Road Department;
- E) Invite teachers (invited professors and teachers) to the Dean of Faculties of Construction, Transport and Mechanical Engineering in case of vacancy academic loading in order to be involved in the learning process;
- F) Enhance the quality of teaching through the effective use of existing methods of teaching, introduction of new methods of teaching and technologies, improvement of the learning process;
- G) organizes the scientific-research work of the organization;
- H) Carries out the issues of MA and PhD students and supervisors;
- I) facilitates preparation of training and teaching staff and raising their qualifications;
- J) creates creative ties in accordance with the profile of the Road Department and cooperates with other academic and scientific structural units and scientific-research organizations of other higher education institutions;
- K) Conduct scientific research, conduct scientific-methodological seminars, provide expert conclusions on scientific research and projects;
- L) Recruitment of master’s qualification and doctoral dissertation papers;
- M) Cooperates with enterprises and organizations in accordance with their own profile and facilitates employment of graduates.
2.2. By the decision of the Academic Council, a department may be created which will be subject to more than one faculty simultaneously based on the educational program.
Article 3. Rule of Amendments and Amendments to the Regulation
Amendments and additions to the provision shall be implemented in accordance with applicable legislation and university statutes.
Leadership of the Road Academic Department
Article 1. Leadership of the Road Academic Department
1.1. The Road Academic Department (hereinafter – the Department) is headed by the head of the Department, who is usually a professor’s academic position.
1.2. Head of Road Department:
- A) Head of the Road Department shall be appointed for a term of four years;
- B) Appoint and dismiss the head of the road department;
- C) Based on the Decree of Faculty of Construction, Transport and Mechanical Faculties, the Faculty Council, the Initiative Group nomination and / or the personal application, the Academic Council listens to each candidate the strategic plan of development of the Road Department and submits the candidate to the Rector on the basis of secret ballot;
- D) Head of the Road Department cannot be a person in the university’s administrative position;
- E) In case of absence of the head of the road department, the actor is appointed by the acting rector.
1.3. The basis for dismissing the head of the Road Department is the relevant resolution of the Academic Council.